The RTAM Chapter Initiative Grant (CIG) is available to chapters to promote member engagement. Chapters are urged to develop a project and/or activity that meets the unique needs of their individual membership. Once the plan has been formulated, an application form (attached) should be completed and sent to the RTAM office. Each chapter is eligible for a subsidy of up to $250 per fiscal year to assist with their project. Be aware that funding is limited. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
The criteria used for evaluating the CIG application are as follows:
- The initiative must promote member engagement.
- Describe the initiative to be undertaken. Project descriptions should be complete enough to indicate how "member engagement" will be promoted and what activity/activities are involved to facilitate this.
- Indicate the itemized expenses and estimated costs.
- Indicate the date or the period of time the initiative will take place. Completion dates may be projected at the time of the grant application.
- Activities for which funding is requested must take place after the application date.
- A description of how RTAM will be recognized for its contribution should be in the application.
- The exact same initiative should NOT be repeated yearly.
- Initiatives should avoid the direct transfer of funds received from RTAM to another organization where there is no additional chapter member involvement.
- A report must be sent to RTAM after the completion of the Chapter’s initiative.
- Initiative reports are to be received no later than 2 months after the initiative’s completion date.
- Reports from a previous grant must have been received by RTAM to be eligible for another CIG.
- Priority will be given to first-time applications if a choice needs to be made due to budgetary constraints.
Please contact the RTAM office if you have any questions, by phone at 204-889-3660, 1‑888‑393-8082 (toll-free) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a result of COVID-19, the Chapter Initiative Reports are not due until December 20, 2020.